Hope you had a fantastic weekend! I can't believe I haven't written since last Monday. Oops.
Partly, I don't have a ton to say right now (although I still have a few more parts of my road trip to recap). All I've been doing is working, really, and I've been absolutely exhausted since work has been crazy. However, I think this week is going to be a bit lighter, so I'm hopeful I'll have more to report on!
Sunrises are pretty, but less pretty when you're in the office at 7:30 AM and you worked until 2:00 AM... But on the plus side, so far I've been able to do work at night from home, which makes it feel much more manageable! Plus, I'm learning an incredible amount, so I can't complain.
Since my workouts were so sporadic last week, I'm just going to do a short recap, but I'm also going to post goals for this week so that I push myself harder to get to workouts. Even if I'm not getting much sleep, I know I'll feel better throughout the day if I've broken a sweat.
Also, I'm feeling extra inspired after seeing the orange Marathon Route signs up in Central Park. I can't wait to cheer for all my friends running this Sunday!!
- Tuesday - 30 minutes cycling + 15 minutes core + 5 minutes stretching
- Friday - 60 minutes lower body + core strength training with Amanda (15 minutes of which were spent with me listening in via my headphones to a 7 AM conference call that ran over!)
- Saturday - 20 minutes upper body strength training
- Sunday - 3.5 miles in Central Park with Julianne (so good to catch up!)
This Week's Goals:
- 2 runs (3-5 miles each)
- 1 race (Race to the Finish Line 5K that runs through the NYCM finish line!)
- 2 strength workouts
- 1 yoga class
What are your goals this week? How do you fit in workouts when you're crazy busy? Would you ever want to read a "day in the life of a corporate lawyer" post?