Random thoughts and updates for y'all on this hump day. Speaking of humps, have you seen that Geico commercial with the camel? I think it's basically the funniest thing ever.
1. I woke up at 6:30 this morning to study, despite it being a rest day where I could have slept in, after feeling crazy inspired by dinner with Ashley last night at Hu Kitchen (yes, I love that place a lot). A lot of our conversation was me asking her for tips on how she balances her demanding corporate job with marathon training, healthy eating, and her husband and friends. Getting used to early mornings, both for workouts and for getting extra work done, was one of her biggest tips, and I'm determined to get into that habit before I start work in September!
2. Related: waking up early is hard when your lazy dog doesn't get out of bed until 11:30, and only then because you yell "treats!" from the other room.
3. Dinner at Hu Kitchen confirmed to me what I had suspected: I am unable to go to Hu Kitchen without getting something from the mash bar. This time it was berries with vanilla chia pudding and cashew cream, which I inhaled between 14th Street and 34th Street on the express train.
4. I returned to Uplift Studios last night for a Strength class, after far too long away, and completely got my ass kicked by Liz Barnet. Girlfriend is TOUGH. I took the class with Ashley before our dinner and also saw Angela and Allison there (that's a lot of A's, in retrospect). They all confirmed that it was a killer class, in the best possible way. I think my legs are still jelly-filled this morning!
5. Regardless of your views on her political stance, seeing a woman in politics who stands up for what she believes in is awesome. Especially when she's literally standing for 11 hours in hot pink running shoes! And in case you were wondering, they were Mizunos! (Here's the picture I linked to). Only a runner would care about her brand of shoes!
6. I need new support shoes for long runs since my Brooks Adrenaline 11's I got last November are on their last legs. I'm going to be hitting up a run store today and this makes me kind of giddy. New (running) shoes!!! Thinking I'll go with the Brooks Adrenaline 13's, but I'll obviously have to try on every shoe in the store, right?
7. Speaking of running gear, I ordered a Tiger Tail from Amazon to aid in recovery. I have a hard time getting into my calves with my foam roller and my calves tend to get really tight, so this seemed necessary. Anyone have this? Any tips?
8. At least someone likes my bar review books! She's certainly cuddled up with that thing...
What's on your mind today? Any Tiger Tail tips? Supportive running shoes suggestions? Fat cat pictures?