Last time I was in DC, the issue of whether or not to race was clear. I was coming off sickness, my legs had been all wonky, and I generally knew that racing 10 miles was a terrible idea.
|How I was feeling that day|
This time? Totally unclear whether or not to run. I've had some amazing runs in the past two weeks. I think I can gun for that sub-2:00 that I want so bad. But before that, I had a few weeks of aches and pains. I was sick and exhausted for most of March and the beginning of April.
So am I ready to race this Sunday? Or should I wait until the NJ Long Branch Half the following Sunday?
What I've decided to do is something totally unlike me -- I'm not planning this out.
|I'll be seeing the Capitol at dawn again - win? I think?|
I'm going to prep for race day like normal and then, in mile 1, I'm going to see how I feel. If my legs are feeling fresh and happy and desperate for some speed, then away I'll go. If they feel heavy, then I'll just long run it and conserve energy for NJ. Hopefully I'm here Monday morning with a glorious, kick-ass recap. But I might just be telling you about a fun training run I had.
Until approximately 7:15 AM on Sunday morning, I won't know if I'm racing or not. And for once, that uncertainty is totally okay with me. If you'd like to track me (and guess what decision I made), you can do so at http://werundclive.com/, but it's not a normal tracking system so you have to be up at 7 AM on Sunday. I won't be mad if you're not, promise.
So... here goes nothing! Wish me luck :)
Have you ever gone into a race unsure of if you'd be racing it or not?